Click here for a PDF Version
Use of the SandDollar$ ID:
- The SandDollar$ ID is the official identification for Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC). The SandDollar$ ID is the property of TAMU-CC, is issued by TAMU-CC to Accountholder only, and is non-transferable.
- Use of the SandDollar$ ID/Account may be revoked at the University’s sole discretion for violation of University policies and procedures. Faculty and staff must relinquish the SandDollar$ ID upon separation from the University. Access privileges of the SandDollar$ ID/account will be deactivated when the affiliation with TAMU-CC is terminated.
- The SandDollar$ ID must be presented upon request at the time of use to obtain services or to establish official University status.
- The SandDollar$ ID is to be used only by the person to whom it is issued. Only the Account Holder can present the card for debit and other privileges. SandDollar$ IDs will be confiscated if presented by someone other than the Account Holder.
- There is no provision for signature on the SandDollar$ ID. Additional identification, procedures, or signature may be required for certain purposes.
- Electronic information contained on the SandDollar$ ID may not be obtained by devices or methods that are not directly connected to the SandDollar$ system unless pre-approved by the Director of University Services. Implementations requiring use of the SandDollar$ ID electronic information must disclose the method of acquiring the information from the card including the make and model of the device, the intended use of the information, duration the information will be retained and any other information determined necessary to maintain the integrity and security of the SandDollar$ system and its Account Holders.
- Misuse of the SandDollar$ ID may be referred to the Office of Student Affairs for disciplinary action. Employee matters will be handled through supervisors/department heads based on existing TAMU-CC procedures.
Use of the Stored Value Function:
- In general, there are no limitations on the number of times the SandDollar$ ID Stored Value may be used for purchases or the dollar amounts of those purchases, so long as the Account Holder maintains an adequate balance in the Account Holder’s account, except for limited use cards issued for special events. However, TAMU-CC may assert limits to circumvent abuse.
- SandDollar$ Stored Value may be used for purchases at locations participating in the SandDollar$ program, restrictions on prohibited items may apply (e.g. Alcohol).
Responsibilities of the Account Holder:
- The Stored Value feature of the SandDollar$ ID is optional for general use. However, participation in other programs may require Stored Value participation. Account Holder will activate the SandDollar$ Stored Value upon initial deposit.
- Participation in any SandDollar$ Stored Value feature signifies agreement with these Terms and Conditions.
- SandDollar$ account balances are non-interest bearing.
- Deposits may be made by Debit,credit card, cash or check. Credit card deposits may be made online. Cash and debit deposits may be made only in-person at the SandDollars Office. Cash only deposits may be made at Customer Service terminals on campus. Check deposits may be made in-person or via mail. Checks must be made payable to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- There is no limit on the frequency of deposits
- Positive balances that remain on the SandDollar$ Stored Value will carry forward to the next term or year for Stored Value Plan all Services (plan 2). See the terms and conditions for other programs that use stored value.
- Positive balances that remain on limited use cards (i.e. conference cards) that have expired will revert to conference sponsor or agreed designee.
- Positive balances on Campus Value cards revert to SandDollars after 1 year of inactivity.
- Upon termination of employment , affiliation, withdrawing, or graduation with/from the University, complete the the SandDollar$ Account Closure form to close your account. This form is available at the SandDollar$ Office. If there are charges owed, they may be deducted before a refund is issued. Student refunds will be processed through the business office following the standard University procedures. Other affiliate refunds are processed by accounts payable.
It is the responsibility of the employee or student to maintain current address information in order to expedite refunds. Unclaimed balances will be refunded after one year of inactivity.
- There will be no cash withdrawals or refunds from SandDollar$ Stored Value Accounts other than account closure.
- Account Holder understands and agree that Account Holder will be liable to the University should deposit payment be rejected or returned unpaid. TAMU-CC is entitled to freeze any funds remaining in your SandDollar$ Stored Value and/or reverse the deposit.
- Cash refunds will not be issued for returned merchandise purchased with the SandDollar$ ID. SandDollar$ Stored Value will be credited for the amount of the return. Merchandise must be returned to the location where goods and services were purchased and returns are subject to the return policy of the merchant.
- It is the Account Holder’s responsibility to keep track of spending in the SandDollar$ Stored Value program. Attempts to use Stored Value with insufficient funds will generally result in the transaction not being approved. In the event the account goes in the negative, the Account Holder is responsible for all charges incurred.
- Account balance and usage reports are available to Account Holder and may be accessed online at http://mysanddollars.tamucc.edu
Lost/Stolen or Unauthorized Card Usage:
- Lost or stolen cards must be reported stolen immediately at http://mysanddollars.tamucc.edu, or by phone or in person to the SandDollar$ Office during normal business hours (361-825-5978).
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is not liable for charges on a lost or stolen SandDollar$ ID.
- The replacement charge for lost or stolen cards is $10.00. A police report documenting a stolen SandDollar$ ID will waive the replacement charge.
- The SandDollar$ Office will be liable for direct and documented Stored Value losses that result from the error in an amount not to exceed the amount of the transaction. The University will not be liable if there are insufficient funds to complete a transaction, there is a system failure or there are circumstances beyond the SandDollar$ Office control (such as fire, flood, earthquake, civil disturbance), which prevent the transaction.
- Information regarding Account Holder’s account will not be provided to third parties unless required by applicable laws, contracted enhanced product services, in compliance with court orders, or with the written permission of the Account Holder.
- The University will comply with all applicable laws and University policy regarding the use of information or stored images.
- It is SandDollars responsibility to determine if photos fall within the following guidelines:
- Sunglasses or other wear which detracts from the face are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons. (an eye patch, for example)
- Head coverings and hats are acceptable only due to acknowledged and verifiable religious beliefs, traditions or customs, and even then, may not cover any portion of the applicant’s face.
- Photographs of applicants wearing tribal, national costume, or other headgear not specifically religious in nature are not acceptable.
- The subject’s expression should be natural, with both eyes open.
- Traditional facemasks or veils that do not permit adequate identification are not acceptable.
- Side or angled views are NOT accepted.
- Re-takes at a subject’s request will be subject to the replacement fee.
- The University reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions and to make reasonable and necessary changes in procedures set forth in these Terms and Conditions regulating the use of the SandDollar$ ID.
Lost or stolen cards become permanently invalid upon issuance of a new card. Access to TAMU-CC facilities/services will be denied if:
(1) Account is frozen by the University for administrative reasons
(2) Account Holder deactivates the account
(3) The card is damaged and will not scan
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi accepts no liability for excess or less than satisfactory service provided by merchants using the SandDollar$ system. However, the SandDollar$ Office will work with you to resolve such claims if you are unable to resolve them directly with the merchant.